Re: [Icehouse] Big wiki change

  • FromBryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 24 Mar 2011 12:57:30 -0400
On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Joshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx> wrote:

Some people (like me, for instance) don't have a lot of time to poll
the web forums but can keep up with email.  I'll look at ning
sometimes, but frankly, I can hardly keep track of lj, and haven't
been to ning for about 4 months.

I sympathize with that.  It's simpler to do all the stuff in one place -- email.  But I've finally bitten the bullet and gotten active in the Fan Club site.

So unless ning is also providing a "send me everything as email"
option, you actually get the most communication from the most people
by having discussion in both places.

I was able to set options so that I am emailed whenever a new thread is started.  Also, once a thread starts I can click on "Follow" so that I am emailed all responses to the thread; you can specify if you want the notice immediately, daily, etc.  I have not found a way to automatically Follow every thread, but at least there is a way to keep in touch through email.

Bryan