Re: [Rabbits] Are you a werewolf? Question

  • From"Billy Brahma" <billybrahma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 04 Jul 2006 00:46:58 -0400

the Point Carol is this...

As Rep's for the company.. we are expected to play the game, moderate the game, and teach the game the way the company INTENDED it to be played, taught and moderated.

It is our job to make the product look, smell and taste good. What the buyer does with it when they get home is up to them. What we do with it as Rep's can kill it before they buy it.

The issue is not groups of 7 to 9.. I in fact will not even start a group of less than 7 myself.. and will never allow a group larger than 15. I think it plays well at 15.. it creates a social environment at 15 that will keep the village going for hours on end. 7 - 9 is too competitive and breeds mistrust and malcontent. You have more grousing and "forget you guys " attitudes from groups that small than from groups of 12 + because there is less " random " chance and more " Gotta Do something now '.

I actually was very unhappy with the Volunteers working with me at Origins. VERY VERY VERY unhappy. I've never been told to basicly " shut up and sit down " while running that game like I was at Origins. As much as I'm known for running that game, theres a darn good chance that I will not do that again at Origins at all. The mentality was all wrong and it carried over to the players as well. I was actually told that I was Monologuing for trying to get a group to make a decision well after the 3 minutes per villager was up. I look at it this way.. if the moderator is having trouble staying awake during your villages decision making process.. theres something bad wrong.

I do think that I only registered a single game to the tourney all weekend too. I played alot of games but never saw one that fit Josh's definition of a legal game. I enjoyed wrangling players in to play but I got rather ill at the way it was being played after they got there. Too many opinions.. too little agreement.. and too much grousing about being right. It was a major turn off.

Were company reps not designers.. just play the game it way its intended to play it and get the job done. It's really not that hard.

Rob the AYAW? Werewolf

Robert Bunn

Proud Member of:
Americans Coming Together
Democracy for America,
Georgia for Democracy
Moveon.org,
Change for America,
League of Conservation Voters

### This message is intended only for designated recipients. All content is considered the intellectual property of the author and is protected under U.S. Law. Reproduction without explicit consent by the author could lead to prosecution. All Rights Reserved. ###