Re: [Rabbits] Are you a werewolf? Question

  • From"Billy Brahma" <billybrahma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 04 Jul 2006 01:08:56 -0400
Ross,

I think it became a Con game mostly because games get really really stale when played with the same people over and over.

For instance.. while I have a weekly game group at home.. I can't wait for cons to play a game with strangers. The need not to be able to look around the group and know whats happening before it happens is the winner for me. I can read my friends like LARGE type books and most games with them after the first or second play through are about as fun as pushing nails under my cuticles. Not that theres not alot of games around us to keep it interesting but the more you can read them the less " hmm I wonder " involved.

What I like about AYAW? at cons is that you get alot of cross genre interest. At DragonCon for instance you'll see Klingons, and LOTR fans, and Battle Star Galatica people and hardcore LARPer's all sitting in the same circle. No where else at that con will you see them getting along like that or even sharing that close a space. Theres just too much competeition amongst the tracks at D.C. and its nice to see that stymied even for just a few hours playing a group game.

As I said in another post.. I was really disappointed with the way this game was handled at Origins.. That might be my last Origins.. I'll stick with the southern cons.

Rob the AYAW? Werewolf

Robert Bunn

Proud Member of:
Americans Coming Together
Democracy for America,
Georgia for Democracy
Moveon.org,
Change for America,
League of Conservation Voters

### This message is intended only for designated recipients. All content is considered the intellectual property of the author and is protected under U.S. Law. Reproduction without explicit consent by the author could lead to prosecution. All Rights Reserved. ###