Re: [Rabbits] "That's just gay" comment

  • From"Steven R. Black II" <srblack1167@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 7 Sep 2006 22:32:22 -0700 (PDT)
Wise words I heard once before: "One cannot offend another if the other
chooses not to be offended."

I'm not saying you don't have the right to be offended. I'm not saying
that you have a right to tell the person such. Nor am I stating weather
or not his statement was acceptable. I'm just saying that the responces
were rude and distracting from the topic. Any offinse should have been
taken up directly with him, or through the list mod.

Your comment regarding others having "more of a right to be offended"
assumes that you know me. Maybe I'm gay, maybe my best friend is, or
perhaps my Aunt, Uncle, or Cousin. You don't know. No one has more of
a right to be offended than another. However, the PC Natzis that want
to publicly make it an issue are equally offensive. But, they have the
weight of PCness to tell them they can be offensive and not care.

That is why I spoke up. Be offended all you want, just don't make it
a public issue because I don't want to see you cry. And don't be just
as rude by making smart elic remaks. Such behavior is petty, childish,
and gives the offense more attention than it should ever have had.

I'm done with this topic.
Black