Re: [Rabbits] "That's just gay" comment

  • FromBlackberry <anthrobunny@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 7 Sep 2006 22:36:42 -0700
On 9/7/06, Steven R. Black II <srblack1167@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wise words I heard once before: "One cannot offend another if the other
chooses not to be offended."

The thing is this: "gay" has been used to mean "bad" for a long time
now.  It's ingrained into the culture.  Every morning I wake up, I get
to be reminded, "Oh yeah, that's right, my own culture says that I'm a
bad person for simply being alive".

It's not just one time by one stranger on one mailing list.  But every
time reminds me of all the other times.  I didn't choose to be who I
am, but each one of us can choose what we type in an email, whether or
not to edit it before we send it, and whether or not to send it at
all.

Common courtesy and kindness to others takes just a few seconds of
your day but it makes life better for everyone.

--
"I guess I like board games more than most people. And by that I mean
I like playing board games more than most people do, and I like board