Re: [Rabbits] "That's just gay" comment

  • FromBlackberry <anthrobunny@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 8 Sep 2006 06:44:33 -0700
On 9/8/06, Mad Hatter <angry_hatter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm also white.  WHen someone says they told a "LIttle
white lie" I don't get upset and berate them for
saying all whites are liars or that being white is the
same as being a liar.

That's misleading.  The word "gay" used to mean "bad" is definitely
referring to homosexuals and implying that homosexuals are bad and so
is the thing being called "gay".  In your example, the word "white"
doesn't refer to the race, nor is it being used to mean "bad", nor
does it have a history of being used to berate people.  Perhaps if you
called a lie a "whitey", then you might have a better point.

I take words in their context,
I undertsand what people mean and I don't let
something as small the way someone combines their
gutteral noises knock me off kilter.

Then what's the context of "That is so gay", and what do you think the
person means?  Do you think they really mean that the game itself is
sexually attracted to other games, or do you think they mean that the
game is bad?

--
"I guess I like board games more than most people. And by that I mean
I like playing board games more than most people do, and I like board