Re: [Rabbits] Gay as "Retarded and Infantile" slang

  • FromTheLoneGoldfish <thelonegoldfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 8 Sep 2006 01:51:17 -0500
I wrote:
> > First of all, I fail to see how the sexual preference of a game is of
> > any concern to us.

>Lets get over the fact that he's not Politically correct and realize
>the meaning of his words - not the literallity of it.
>
>Around here, even gay people say thing's are "gay" when they mean that
>it is infintile, simple, or so luticrise (sp) that it's not worth
>trying/doing/thinking about.
>
>So get off your PC stools and give the guy a break. For a group that's
>all about diversity, you like to be touchey about some things hu?
>
>Black

Well, we can either take his words literally, and brush off the comment as absurd. Or, we can take his words to mean that he thinks that a portion of the population is synonymous with everything annoying and wrong.

I'm touchy on this issue because people don't think it's an issue. For a long time domestic violence wasn't an "issue", and was merely accepted in society. I say that if something is wrong than I don't have to accept it. I don't care for acceptance and tolerance, those principles only enforce the status quo, which in my opinion is wrong. I see no reason to tolerate someones hatred, and I was content to brush it off with some humor and a grain of salt. But as long as you're dragging this out, I'll say I'd like nothing better than to eliminate your prejudice, or at the very least make expressing such feelings as shameful as your comments make gays feel.

All people should be treated as human beings worthy of respect, not merely grudgingly accepted as existing. This idea is not politically correct, but I know it is right. Discrimination, hatred and ignorance may be PC where you're from, and if that is true I can only hope that wherever that is gets glassed. Good day.

PS: (sp) is not a substitute for using a spell checker.

-Evan Parker