Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Must draw first?

  • From"lisa" <neysalmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 6 Oct 2007 01:00:10 -0400

Another situation would be if First Play Random is in play.

For instance – you’ve got love as your only keeper & All You Need is Love in your hand… you certainly would prefer playing (ie – someone randomly drawing something from you) before you add extra cards (potentially more keepers) into your hand.

From: fluxx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fluxx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carol Townsend
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 9:49 PM
To: Fluxx Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Fluxx] Must draw first?

While I hate to continue a thread that feels as if (a) we've all said about the same thing again and again and (b) some folks will always be on one side of the issue and others will always be on the other side....

...I have come up with a reason why Andy needs to step in here and a rules call needs to be made.
Situation:
 - Playing Zombie Fluxx - it's the start of my turn.
 - I have no Creepers in front of me.
 - I have winning conditions in my hand/on the table ( i.e., I've got the Goal in my hand to match the Keepers I've got on the table, or some combination like that).
 - I *know* there's a Zombie on the top of the Draw deck... someone *just* put the Zombie Quartet there.

IF I draw, I'll have a Zombie in front of me.  If I don't draw first, but rather Play first, then I win.

If we say that "Draw 1, Play 1" can happen in any order, then I win, no problem.  If not, then I don't.

Carol

--
iChat/AIM, MSN and Yahoo: MadLabRabbits
skype-in line 630.448.4946