Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Hand Limits Optional

  • From"Bryan Stout" <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 08 Aug 2008 14:56:31 -0400
Thanks for telling us things from the horse's mouth!

But that's all in the past, what about the future?

We're about to go to press with Monty Python Fluxx, plus we're about to reprint Zombie Fluxx as version 1.1 (with a few little tweaks) and later there's Martian Fluxx and someday Fluxx 4.0 and who knows what else. All of them will have Hand Limits. So what should I do for these and all future versions of Fluxx?

1) Keep using the traditional text because it's established
2) Re-write the text so that James et al will agree with the optional interpretation 3) Eliminate the option by re-writing the second paragraph as "This rules does not apply to you during your turn. When your turn ends, discard down to x."

We've been using option 1 for a long time, but I'm suddenly finding option 3 very attractive. Thoughts?

I vote #3.

Bryan

PS. Once it goes to press, about how would it take for MPF to hit the shelves?