Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Hand Limits Optional

  • From"Bryan Stout" <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 08 Aug 2008 13:56:15 -0400
>Bryan, the simple and unavoidable truth is that Andy had never even considered observing the Hand Limit on your turn until a fan pointed it out on this list. This was after 3.1 came out.

I stand corrected about the history -- I haven't been on the list as long.

Nevertheless, I can only conclude that the "may ignore ... as long as" wording on the card allows the current player to apply the Hand Limit at any point in their turn they want.  It would take the stricter (and shorter) wording I mentioned last time to unambiguously enforce the stricter interpretation.  In all honesty I cannot say that those who interpret the rule to allow earlier Limits in one's turn are wrong, because of the way it is phrased -- even if Andy didn't realize the implications of the phrasing at first.

Neither do I say you are wrong to dislike it, or to disagree with the interpretation.  If I'm ever in a Fluxx game with you I'd have no problem playing by your interpretation.  (That would be fun, now that I think of it.  You have lots of fun extra cards.)

Regards,
Bryan