Re: [Icehouse] off colored pyramids question

  • FromBrian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 22 Jan 2007 11:43:46 -0500
On Jan 22, 2007, at 10:08 AM, Kristin Looney wrote:

If you are not on the Fluxx or Rabbits or WeeklyNews lists, you
might have missed the fact that Andy just started video blogging

By the way, since this is supposed to be an "Ask Andy" feature, I figured I'd suggest some questions or topics for him to discuss. Icehouse (the game system) is my main love, so these will be Icehouse questions.

1) In Icehouse, what is a Cool and effective way to use a prisoner you get from a prisoner exchange? I've only played Icehouse a few times, and in one of the games negotiated a prisoner exchange. Without really thinking, I restructured the an attack on me such that the prisoner I had gotten from my ally was squandered, which was pointed out to me to be Uncool. So, what's an appropriately Cool way to use a prisoner from an exchange?

2) Could you demonstrate a cool pieceniking project that would be easy to do at home? I haven't had much luck with filling pyramids with sand (the glue at the bottom frequently doesn't seal, so the sand leaks out), and Eeyore's woodworking projects are beyond my available equipment or woodworking skills (why aren't there public wood shops where you can pay a small fee and use them, or pay some more to get some hands-on instruction?).

3) Homeworlds strategy advice! Maybe a basic primer on Homeworlds strategy, or maybe a collection of clever moves (like, putting a green piece alone in a large system, and then sacrificing it later when the pieces are depleted so you can get the large system piece).