Re: [Icehouse] Xeno color mapping for Homeworlds

  • FromJoseph Peterson <jeepeterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 4 Jun 2007 23:36:44 -0700 (PDT)
> > Blue=Cyan Obvious correlation
> > Red=Orange Hottest colours
> > Yellow=Clear Lightest colours
> > Green=Purple Both are one step from blue

This is the best I have heard.  I prefer Cyan to Blue and regularly
replace blue with cyan in my games.  So I natually think that
Cyan==Blue is correct.  Red=Orange is natural.   Yellow=Clear is close
enough.

Either way you have an "odd" association.

In another message Andy says:
"Here on our mantelpiece I have a full set of Trees, arranged in a
spectrum:
Red Orange Yellow Clear Green Cyan Blue Purple. "

To me, Clear seems out of place in that spectrum.  In fact is doesn't
feel right in that spectrum at all.  I tend to line my pieces up
ROYGcBPbgWC  (c=Cyan, C=clear, g=grey, G=Green, b=Black, B=Blue)

-JEEP

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/