Re: [Icehouse] Xeno color mapping for Homeworlds

  • FromAlan Anderson <aranders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 5 Jun 2007 08:08:08 -0400
On Jun 5, 2007, at 2:36 AM, Joseph Peterson wrote:
n another message Andy says:
"Here on our mantelpiece I have a full set of Trees, arranged in a
spectrum:
Red Orange Yellow Clear Green Cyan Blue Purple. "

To me, Clear seems out of place in that spectrum.  In fact is doesn't
feel right in that spectrum at all.  I tend to line my pieces up
ROYGcBPbgWC  (c=Cyan, C=clear, g=grey, G=Green, b=Black, B=Blue)

Note that you too put orange after red, cyan after green, and purple after blue. The only difference between your arrangement and the one over Andy's fireplace is that you just tack clear on after everything else because you don't feel it fitting properly anywhere in the middle. I agree that clear doesn't go *in* the spectrum if you treat it by name, but given the colors of the actual plastic pyramids, I believe it *looks* right if you stick it after yellow.