Re: [Icehouse] Icehouse / Treehouse forum?

  • FromJeff Zeitlin <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 07 Mar 2008 09:51:02 -0500
On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 06:37:09 -0500, Ryan wrote:

>It's like my words coming out of your mouth.

>I would greatly prefer a forum.  I participate in multiple forums already
>and could easily check a LL one every couple days.  Trying to have a
>discussion on a wiki is a nightmare and a list serv is only tolerable.
>Message boards, in my opinion, work so much better.

>The problem for the Looneys i imagine is maintaining the space and the
>moderation that would have to be involved in a forum.  I help mod a
>relatively small forum and some days it can be a good bit of work.

Another problem is that webforums aren't necessarily viable for
everyone; I'm disconnected often enough that I'm one of them.  Email (or
NNTP) lets me get the messages when I am connected, and read them (and
write responses) at a convenient time when I'm not connected.

If this list gets dropped in favor of a webforum, I'm gone.