Re: [Icehouse] Poll: How Do You Store?

  • FromAngi Long <angi.mathochist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 4 Mar 2009 08:35:43 -0800
> Q1) How do you store your pyramids? Be specific (e.g. stacks of nests in
> tubes in a Purple Bag; nests upright in a custom wooden box with foam
> padding; etc).

In a plastic shoe box, along with a bunch of other Looney Labs stuff,
including the bandanna chessboard, "Playing With Pyramids" (when I can
find it;  recently it's gone missing), the little reminder cards and
booklets for various games, some Tarot cards for Zarcana (I keep
meaning to learn Gnostica too), usually some card games, etc.

When they're put away neatly, they stack in single-color stashes that
lay in the bottom of the box in alternating directions, and the box is
exactly the right size now for one stash of each color (13 colors
now).  Extra stashes and a couple mixed-color stashes go on top of
that layer, each stash in the opposite direction from the one below
it.

When I haven't had time or motivation to do that, they're just jumbled
in the box.

I also have a set of paper (origami) pyramids that are stored in an
old clear plastic peanut butter jar down in the spare games cabinet in
the basement.  IIRC it's a double set, so 8 colors in all;  the second
set has designs drawn on to distinguish the colors from the plain
ones.

I still have most of my stash tubes, stored away empty.

> Q2) How did you purchase your collection of pyramids? Be specific (e.g.
> all mono stashes, over years; some mono, some Treehouse; all Treehouse,
> except for gray and pink; etc).

The paper ones first, as they were cheaper.  After we'd played with
them and liked them, an Icehouse set;  this came in a plastic box
with, I believe, 4 colors, and I think Playing with Pyramids came with
it.  Then Black Ice, which I think had black, white, and clear, iirc.
The rest in monochrome stashes as new colors came out.  Most recently
pink, and before that grey.  The teal were bought with points when
only available that way, I believe.  The watermelon stash was via
ebay.  Several extra stashes that an ex had bought at a con and left
behind.  Plus several extra pieces that now make multi-color stashes,
most of which I think I bought as single pieces, when they were 50c
each or somesuch and didn't cost me any extra shipping with an order I
was placing, when I wanted to get enough extras to have on hand to not
have to keep buying replacement pieces one by one when singles were
lost.

> Q3) Do you think your storage solution is impacted by the product
> package? If so, how so?

Hmm, I don't know.  All the individual stash tubes seemed like a PITA
to me, and my first several stashes didn't come that way so I wasn't
used to them when the stash tubes came out, I was used to keeping
things all in one box.

  -- Angi