Re: [Icehouse] Your favorite (and least favorite) 3 (or 7) games

  • FromAlan Anderson <aranders@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 24 Mar 2009 12:10:09 -0400
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Christopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mar 23, 2009, at 3:34 PM, David L. Willson wrote:

Every ray must be perpendicular to every other ray.
 Clarifiers, if needed:
  - "A ray is not considered perpendicular to itself, so a koan with only one pyramid cannot have the BN."
  - "Rays pointing in opposite directions are parallel, not perpendicular, no matter whether the rays touch the opposing pyramid or not."

I don't understand what this means, even with the "clarifiers."

Parallel is like the rails of a straight section of railroad track.
Perpendicular is like an upright flagpole next to the railroad track.

A square's opposite sides are parallel to each other. Its adjacent sides are perpendicular to each other.

This bit of geometric definition is so elementary that I strongly suspect I don't understand what it is that you don't understand.