Re: Gamer bar -- was: Re: [Rabbits] no more hobby store.... I am sad

  • From"Kimberly Terrill" <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 7 Aug 2007 10:57:28 -0400
This reminds me. I brought FLUXX to a 'girls night'. I just had one drink (I rarely drink- they ordere a fuzzy navel for me- kinda yuck- like bad orange juice)...anyway. They were all a bit tipsy. And the game wasn;t a "serious. I'm gonna play to win game," but they sure had a LOT of playing! And like you said- winning at FLUXX can be done just esily half drunk- it's often luck of the draw. They said I brought thatgame on pupose to confuse them because I knew they'd be drinking. I thought, "If I wanted to do that, I'd have brought Volcano or Martian Chess".

I see nothing wrong with drinking while playing... but I think maybe that should be done at home. If you have 5 tables of different gamers playing different games and they are all inebriated I can only see that as becoming very loud and too much commotion.And that's not make a good game playing environment for the entire store.

But a 'adult gameing store' with alcohol is fine- as long there is a family friendly one in town, too.

--Kimberly