[Icehouse] TreeHouse & New trio-based game Push-Pull

  • From"Dan Isaac 2" <disaac2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 25 Jan 2006 16:23:06 -0500

I was leaning towards the idea that switching the White & Black trios would be good, but after hearing Andy's reasoning, I now support him on that point.

As for the rules for TreeHouse, I do find them a bit difficult as many others were also seeing.

I will focus on the second revision of the stickers which are definitely better, but still seem iffy to me.

In particular, Swaps "Re-orient only if required." still seems questionable.

Also, moving the "Flat pieces do not nest" line away from the Tip section could cause an issue.

One suggestion I was considering... If the actions were made more basic and unitary, then the wording could also be reduced as well.

I don't know if word length on the die is a problem, but what if the actions were as follows:

1: <LAY>        Turn any solo upright piece flat onto its side in the same space.

2: <STAND>   Turn any solo flat piece upright in the same space.

3: <STACK>   Stack any solo piece on top of an upright piece.

4: <SPLIT>      Take any piece from within a stack and place it into a new space.

5: <MOVE>    Move a solo piece or stack from any space, to any new space.

6: <WILD>      Choose one of the 5 actions. Perform it on either your Tree or The House.

Anyway, after listening to the discussion about what new games could be made to make use of the TreeHouse style sets, I came up with a new single-stash game for 2 or 4 players where each player uses a single trio. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://home.carolina.rr.com/disaac/Games/Push-Pull/Push-Pull.htm

- Dan