Re: [Icehouse] [Push-Pull] new trio-game

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 26 Jan 2006 13:55:57 -0500
On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 01:25:37PM -0500, Dan Isaac 2 wrote:

> straight forward enough that I doubt that I will need to. I had considered
> changing the Push-Pull to move only 1 space in the opposite direction
> though, but I doubt I will do that. Possibly the reduction of the effective
> board size though. What do you all think? Has anyone actually tried it out
> yet? How long did it take, any comments on the (re)playability?

I would avoid reducing the board size unless you also change the
Push-Pull to move one space.  I think allowing a first-turn victory on
any individual piece might distort game-play.  OTOH, it might do so in a
manner that's more interesting than annoying, I'm not sure.

I think I kind of like the idea of the asymmetry.  Although I suppose it
could be argued that all it does is to provide a trap for the
inexperienced player.

I guess just some thoughts rather than concrete suggestions.