Re: [Icehouse] TreeHouse & New trio-based game Push-Pull

  • FromBrian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 25 Jan 2006 18:27:55 -0500
On Jan 25, 2006, at 4:23 PM, Dan Isaac 2 wrote:

Anyway, after listening to the discussion about what new games could be made to make use of the TreeHouse style sets, I came up with a new single-stash game for 2 or 4 players where each player uses a single trio. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://home.carolina.rr.com/disaac/Games/Push-Pull/Push-Pull.htm

Interesting RPS variant, but I think it would get as old as RPS; the optimal strategy will just be to play randomly, unless you know that your opponent is using a sub-optimal strategy. A couple points that need clarification; what happens if both players choose pull, or both players choose push? I'm assuming the piece stays still, but that should be specified. Also, the rules start out describing the 4 player game, with the 2 player game as a variant (saying that it requires a volcano board, with a 5x1 board as a variant), but then goes on to describe the 2 player game, and list the 4 player versions as variants. That confused me when I first read the rules.