Re: [Icehouse] 15 trios in a Pink Treehouse box?

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 18 Feb 2009 10:50:26 -0500
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Elliott C. Evans <eeyore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ryan Hackel wrote:
David, you might still be able to use your box even with 12 colors.
I can fit *six* nests in each tube, for a total of ten tubes for
 twelve colors.  The trick is to stack the nests in alternating
directions - one up, one down.

If you're having trouble visualizing that, here's a picture -

http://www.ee0r.com/misc/packtube.jpg

Oh, yeah, I know about that trick--do it to put a d6 into a Treehouse set, sometimes. It's also a bit easier to load that way, I've found. Though... hmmm... maybe that cut-down method would allow me to still use the Dexas case binder... have to do some math. :)

But my OCD won't let me mix monochrome stashes. I want my rainbow effect, which is a bit spoiled by having a sixth nest in each tube (even if, say, I only put split up the white and black mono). And having to open 5 tubes to play a game which requires an opaque stash is a bit awkward, too.

Thanks, though. Believe me, I don't mind one bit having to go shopping for a new box. If I ever write an autobiography, it will be titled "Bags Within Boxes," because I sort of have this storage fetish (and the title is also a bit of a pun).

Thanks, though!
David