Re: [Icehouse] IGDC Winter 2009?

  • FromDavid Artman <david.artman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 16 Mar 2009 15:21:58 -0400
OK, so no Winter IGDC, lacking any real interest (if this list says, "meh" then we can be sure most of the world will, too).

Perhaps we could shoot for a Spring contest, maybe with the hope of alternating Spring and Autumn? I recall folks saying, long ago, that they thought such a schedule would be more conducive to folks playing (school groups, cons, etc).

I'll go ahead and make it a Design Restricted contest, and we'll try Dale's better scoring method: "score voting with 'soft zeroes,'" whatever that means (you volunteered, Dale!). Explanation to follow from Dale; wiki rules update after that. (Remind me offlist what the IGDC.Coorrdiantor@xxxxxxxxx PW is, too, please!)

The Design Restriction is taken from Game Chef:
Choose three of the following terms and integrate them tightly into your game design, be it by mechanics or theme:
Asteroid, Wreckage, Diamond, Team, Park, High

I generated those words by clicking Random Article on Wikipedia and ignoring proper nouns or the utterly bizarre.

Designs must be finalized by Friday, April 17th, 2009; judging to conclude by Monday, May 18th, 2009. That's one full month to design, and one month to judge. Judging deadline may be extended, at my discretion, if there are too few votes.

GO DESIGN!

Thanks in advance to folks who forward this to BGG and other, similar sites!
David Artman
Spring 2009 IGDC Coordinator