Re: [Icehouse] Suggestions for future Icehouse Game Design Competitions

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 04 Nov 2009 23:03:48 -0500
On Nov 4, 2009, at 10:56 PM, Anthony Kapolka wrote:
I also appreciate that twenty entries may not be manageable - but I
don't know that I agree that good competition requires a specific
ratio of judges to entries - although the democratic scoring model
would need to change.  I suspect as few as three experienced gamers
could manage a credible evaluation...

Perhaps your class could winnow the choices to the best three out of class and submit those to the competition, with encouragement to all the members of the class to play all the entries and vote. That would give a greater ratio of voters to entries, and reduce the overwhelming breadth of entries that 20+ would be.

Topher