Re: [Rabbits] Top posting

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 9 Nov 2010 09:55:37 -0600
Benjamin F. Klahn KSC writes:
>Look, this is a stupid argument, I'm done. I'm not going to change the
>way I converse with hundreds of other groups and individuals for one
>confused guy on a mailing list somewhere.

Then leave.

Or ignore us and just be slightly rude, but don't waste time arguing
about it or claim you're not violating our protocol.

This isn't about "one confused guy on a a mailing list somewhere".
"Usenet style" is the standard for this list (and most other
conversational mailing lists, and Usenet, and, historically, the
standard conversational style for Internet email prior to the
commercial services like AOL jumping into the pool).  You don't pick
up food at a fancy meal with your hands; you don't use conversation
peppered with four letter words at a literary salon, and you don't use
top posting on a list whose conversational style is threaded and
quoted.

It's rude.

--
     Joshua Kronengold (mneme@xxxxxx) "Release the tera-  |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--port patents...and drop everything into the public  /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'