Re: [Rabbits] Top posting

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 09 Nov 2010 07:26:58 -0500

On Nov 9, 2010, at 2:35 AM, Leigh.9 wrote:

Bob has not answered both questions.
His one word response is just as confusing whether it's top or bottom posted.

The whining that initiated this thread (or should I say REinitiated?) did not advocate "bottom posting" (though that was an easy assumption). The method preferred by the critics of "top posting" seems to be contextually interleaved responses, with irrelevant quoting eliminated.

I find it nearly impossible to keep track of interspersed responses and usually give up.

I think that's what deleting the stuff you AREN'T addressing in your reply accomplishes. If you eliminate the chaff, it reduces confusion and increases readability. I'm starting to think this thread belongs on the Geek list.

Now, can we kill this line of conversation and get back to arguing the merits and flaws of forums versus mailing lists. ;)

Topher