Re: [Rabbits] Top posting

  • FromRonald J Kimball <rjk-looneylabs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 9 Nov 2010 12:49:59 -0500
On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 12:52:28AM -0500, Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
> Simple example:
>
> -----
> From: Bob
> Yes.
>
> Alice wrote:
> > Wasn't that new Looney Labs game
> > great?
> >
> > Oh, BTW, there's this new sushi
> > place. Shall we check it out?
> -----

I have a friend who actually prefers to use a combination of top-posting
and interleaved, for the worst of all possible methods:

-----
From: Bob

Yes.

Alice wrote:
> Wasn't that new Looney Labs game
> great?

No.

> Oh, BTW, there's this new sushi
> place. Shall we check it out?
----

You can't win this argument.  It's a religious war, like whether the
reply-to should point to the list or the original sender.  My two cents:

A) If you want to suggest a change in policy, suggest it privately to the
list administrator, rather than risk sparking a flame war on the list;

B) If the current policy is not to your liking, you should find a way to
deal with it, for your own peace of mind.

Ronald